"...the more we learn the more we see that other animals are smarter and more creative than we give them credit for, or perhaps ever imagined. Best to keep an open mind about the cognitive skills of the animals with whom we share our homes and the rest of the planet for "surprises" are continually forthcoming. " Marc Bekoff

SERVICES AND INFO

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Celebrating FRESH STARTS and our dog's UMWELT

Oh the joys of starting fresh!  I have spent the last 3 yrs making Calgary my home. 

I put all my focus into studies and the beginnings of a new career direction which have had our fun dog sport events on the back burner.

I am now in the early planning stages of finding like minds who have furry companions who are misfits in the Calgary area.

People who are into enjoying casual outings with their pals.  Participating in activities that enrich their relationships and celebrate a dog's umwelt. 

I read a book by Alexandra Horowitz years ago that peaked my curiosity to learn more about enrichment activities that not only celebrate a dog's natural instincts but also deepen our relationship with them.

http://insideofadog.com/index.php

I enjoy being outdoors with my dogs and love meeting people in like circumstances.  I have 3 senior dogs (14 and 11 year old beagles and a 7 year old Aussie) who all have special needs of some sort.


They are not dog park dogs. There are many other groups for those exuberant personalities but not the focus of my intentions.  Misfits come in all shapes and sizes and age groups.  My intention is to welcome those who need a quieter,  slower pace or a little space...

My dogs are trained for informal scent work, agility, tricks and games which were the building blocks of our relationship.  I am not interested in competitive sports or events.  I am interested in exploring and developing relationships through sports and games.

I would love to find like minds who are interested in meeting up a couple times a month.  Starting off with a Meet Up group first then see where it takes us.

If you are interested in keeping tabs on what I'm planning for June 2016, please feel free to leave a comment below describing a little about yourself, your pooch and the types of adventures you are hoping to find others to enjoy with. 

Cheers,

Katherine and my little misfits (whom I love to bits)

No comments:

Post a Comment