"...the more we learn the more we see that other animals are smarter and more creative than we give them credit for, or perhaps ever imagined. Best to keep an open mind about the cognitive skills of the animals with whom we share our homes and the rest of the planet for "surprises" are continually forthcoming. " Marc Bekoff

SERVICES AND INFO

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

ARE you READY for BUSY trails?

Kee and I had just parked and I started to video for an upcoming class, when my focused Kee heard (before I did) two girls come up from a trail behind my car...



Seeing his interest peak with his ears perking up, and a Lookie Lou dart ahead to try and get a better look was my cue to help him out. I worked Keegan using cues and handsignals while acknowledging the girls and their interest in saying hello to Kee. The art of multi-tasking!

It was nice that the girls held back and asked first.  It gave me time to make sure Kee was interested in meeting them, not worried, before I said his magic cue to visit and "Say Hello".

My guys rely on me to help keep them safe and out of trouble.  I was proud of Kee.  He held back his excitement to bolt ahead and investigate and waited for his cue to visit.  I used a happy voice, no need to get stern or grumpy, clear direction and hand signals as a back up when I noticed he needed help.

That's just the way we roll :)



No comments:

Post a Comment